Enjoy West Brom's first win over Aston Villa in 26 years you little douchebag. Your mother still doesn't love you. (Photo by Michael Steele/Getty Images)
I have family responsibilities today and quite frankly, I don't want to write about this absolute embarrassment of a joke of a match any more than you want to read about it. So, some bullet points and then I'm off to go vomit for the next several hours.
- Gary McAllister hasn't had a whole lot of luck keep a managerial position. Well gee, I wonder why.
- I think that I might dislike Robert Pires more than I have ever disliked a player that plays for one of my teams. Players that have played for teams that I root for: Stephen Ireland, Steve Sidwell, Carlos Silva, Carl Everett, Ian Snell.
- James Collins could injure himself making toast.
- Hey, people clamoring for a 4-4-2 all season? Yeah, that's what happens when you play against a team smart enough not to play a 4-4-2. It's a fine formation if the matchups are right but if they're not it's a disaster waiting to happen.
- The tackle that got Paul Scharner sent off was one of the dumbest things I'd ever seen in my life. Then I saw Robert Pires come on and the way Villa played with a man advantage and that tackle moved down to no higher than third.
Aston Villa managed 60% of the possession and 12 shots. Three were on target.
- Ashley Young should never, ever be allowed to take a set-piece from a location where a shot can be taken. He has completely lost his touch for goal in that regard and it's the most frustrating thing in the world to watch in a situation like that.
- Stiliyan Petrov had a good game.
- Kyle Walker also had a good game and he's improved on every aspect of his game that I found lacking, but soon he'll go back to Tottenham and we'll be stuck with a bunch of crap again.
- God I hate Robert Pires. Hey, grandpa. You're balding. That headband looks ridiculous. Why don't you just go ahead and try out the bald look. I bet hydrochloric acid would give you a nice, clean look.
- Did Jean Makoun die?
- Oh, here's a gem:
I understand Bannan not on bench because G Mac thought it would be unfair to promote him ahead of Delph/Bradley so soon after recalling him
Well Gary, I think it's unfair that I have to look at your horrifying visage so soon after eating.
What a complete and total disaster. This team is probably safe, but they've put themselves in a position that they'll likely feel the need to play their veterans down the stretch. The same veterans, of course, responsible for this absolute travesty of a performance. Does anyone think that Gabby Agbonlahor is a better choice than Marc Albrighton? Does anyone still think that Ashley Young is more dangerous stuck out wide than in a central free role? Why has Villa gone back to playing this style just as it seemed they were getting used to the tactical changes Gerard Houllier brought with him? I don't get it. I don't get any of it, and I'm far more frustrated with this performance than I was at any point during the serious relegation worries.
I hate this season and I can't wait for it to be over.